Emetophobia Treatment in Wolverhampton
The specific Emetophobia Treatment used at the Wolverhampton Clinic involves a number of face-to-face sessions combined with structured tasks & exercises which are outlined in the “Cure Your Emetophobia & Thrive” workbook, a best-selling applied psychology programme for changing limiting beliefs and the only proven and predictable cure for Emetophobia available today.
This combination of coaching, reading and practical work will systematically allow you to:
- Understand more clearly how YOUR mind creates filters and belief systems that distort your view of your environment and contribute to the way you feel.
- Understand how your personality was formed, and how this leads to you adopting certain types of “unhelpful” thinking styles that underpin your Emetophobia.
- Learn how to unravel the unhelpful thinking and distortions and become able to permanently change unhelpful thoughts and feelings allowing you to resolve your Emetophobia.
Emetophobia Treatment Workbook
The workbook contains 14 stages each designed to progressively provide you with the core knowledge and techniques to both fully understand and then change the way that you think in order to eradicate Emetophobia.
Typically, Emetophobia sufferers will require between 7 and 10 sessions, depending on your ability to keep to the work-load and assimilate the information.
In this way, your rate of progression is really determined by just how much effort you will be willing to put into the process and how motivated your are to overcoming Emetophobia.
What Happens in the Emetophobia Treatment Sessions?
During the first emetophobia treatment session I will carry out four key diagnostic tests to determine your initial starting point and the severity of your Fear of Being Sick symptoms.
These diagnostic tests are known as:
(1) The Locus of Control Test
The “Locus of Control” is a measure of how much “control” you believe that you have over the “path” of your life and has a marked effect on how much YOU believe you can solve problems and difficulties.
People with Emetophobia tend to have quite an “external” LOC.
(3) Degree of Social Anxiety
Social Anxiety is how much you “worry” about what other people think about who you are or what you do and also a measure of how “judged” you feel by your social contacts.
Emetophobia sufferers tend to have a high degree of Social Anxiety.
(2) Degree of Self-Esteem
Self Esteem is a measure of how much you “like” yourself and how “capable” and “competent” you feel.
The large percentage of Emetophobes tend to feel rather “stupid” or “silly” about their phobia and as a result will often have low self-esteems as a result.
(4) Emetophobia Severity Scale
The ESS test is a reasonable indicator of the degree to which Emetophobia affects your daily life and is also an excellent gauge by which to measure your progress at the end of the course.
This scale was used extensively in the Emetophobia Research Paper.
These diagnostic evaluations allow us to compare how you felt before following the programme, and afterwards.
Try out this Emetophobia Questionnaire HERE
Emetophobia Treatment Structure
After the first diagnostic session you will then follow the structured course which is outlined in the workbook.
The programme is structured in such way to ensure that each piece of knowledge that you “acquire” builds upon the previous.
In this way, many people find that their Emetophobia Symptoms diminish progressively during the course of the programme.
This new knowledge will equip you to not only “understand” how your “thinking styles” and “belief” systems have been contributing to your Emetophobia, but also what “practical” things you can do to counter-act these old “habitual” thinking styles and beliefs.
You will learn the following KEY things during the course of your Emetophobia Treatment with me here in Wolverhampton:
- Belief Systems and their impact on how we feel.
- Cognition (the actual thoughts we have) and the importance of our “inner dialogue”.
- The Locus of Control and how it affects our ability to tackle difficulty
- Self-Esteem and how easily it can be boosted or diminished
- Social Anxiety what worrying about what people think does to our actions
- The Thrive Factor which is the common link between the three key belief systems
- Personality Types and how this determines our most likely thinking styles
- Unhelpful Thinking Styles that we may have believed where actually helping us!
- Language, both internal and external dialogue, and how we connect linguistics to our feelings
- Anxiety & Stress and how they are “created” by many of the above factors
- The DREAM Technique, a system for modifying un-helpful thoughts
- Additional tools and techniques for overcoming your Emetophobia
How Much Does the Emetophobia Treatment Cost?
I do see a number of people who have previously purchased the “Cure Your Emetophobia & Thrive” workbook from Amazon and who need just a few “support” sessions with me, however, the majority of Emetophobes who come to the clinic purchase my 10 session course which costs £800.
To pay for your course please visit our Fees page.
Visit the Main Emetophobia Wolverhampton Page HERE